Thursday 28 July 2011

A Taste of British Music

Today the sun decided to take a break...and it has been drizzling on and off since this morning! On days like these, I usually spend most of my time listening to the latest music hits here in UK. One of the astounding British groups I've grown to love is Scouting For Girls.

While we were back in the Philippines, my mum accidentally stumbled on Scouting For Girls while downloading music off the internet. She found the lyrics amusing and began downloading their songs even if this group is not known in the Philippines. I recently checked out some of their official music videos and I found them much MORE amusing. Check out these first few songs by Scouting for Girls that my mum fancied so much.










This is one of their latest and most recent single today:


To give you a short introduction of the group, Scouting For Girls is composed of mainly three members: Roy Stride (vocals, keyboards, guitar), Greg Churchhouse (bass guitar), and Peter Ellard (percussion). The name Scouting For Girls is a play on the words of Baden-Powell's Scouting for Boys handbook published in 1908 for Scouts. They play notably because they're looking for a dynamic and energetic way of removing themselves from the chores of their everyday lives, looking to the quirky of childhood fantasy through playing a moog organ.

To finally end my post on Scouting For Girls, i summed it all up in one word-- AWESOME! 

Oh and if you wanna know more about these guys, their lates singles and albums and their next possible gig with location and dates, you could check out one of their official sites at http://www.scoutingforgirls.com/gb/home/

I hope they have a gig soon here in Edinburgh or even Glasgow so we could watch them LIVE! Good day everyone and hope you enjoy watching their music videos!
Cheers!
~Kriz~

4 comments:

  1. Hey~! It's me, Zero0. Sorry I haven't commented or posted anything in a while. My computer has been acting out lately and I had to figure out what was going on plus I was stuck doing commissions and contests and the like. Ah, I liked the last video, it was kind of funny to see a grown up nerd with a tattoo and a ponytail in shorts going after the pretty girl XD Something you'd see in the romance-comedies! Anyway, I hear someone else also commented on your blog, so congrats!
    Peace out~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! i understood that you were busy and all with your art commissions, contests, and stuff. and anyway i was busy doing something while you were gone and doing art-related stuff(one example: this blog post you just commented). Oh and thanks again for the comments and support! It really helped out the site!
    Cheers! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^^~ No problem! I'm glad you understood. Speaking of which, I still need to do them, I'm just procratinating right now...>.> Don't tell anyone! >.<
    Peace out! ~(((( ( *3*))~

    ReplyDelete