Friday 8 July 2011

The Jimmy Chung's Experience



From castles and museums to shopping malls and memorial parks, we, R-Kids, a family of four have ventured off throughout numerous sites in the city of Edinburgh, Scotland. Today, we went to Jimmy Chung's Restaurant for an all-you-can-eat Chinese lunch buffet after a little shopping and walking around the city streets. (Oh and I'll be doing most of the talking and narrating-- yup, Kriz, that's me, will be doing most of the blogging, as usual. *sigh*)

As we got in, the place was already jam-packed with lots of people and waiters were walking back and forth from table to table. The food was set in hot metal trays right in front of us as we entered. We were looking for a table good for four and to our surprise...our invited guest, whom me and my little Bro call Auntie Nona was already eating right beside a table next to the bar (we sat on the table closest to the bar.). She was having white prawn crackers and honey chili chicken drumsticks and wings. We greeted her as we sat down (Mom and little Bro on one side, me and Pops on the other).


With no idea what to do, me and my little bro just stayed in our seats while Mom and Pops got up and headed towards the food trays. So my little bro and I just followed instinctively towards the food that awaited us.

Different sorts of food were set in trays on mini-bars with installed heaters to maintain their quality. This was for meals such as starters, soups, rice and main courses. As I vividly remember, starters were composed of prawn crackers, crispy and spicy chicken wings, sesame chicken on toast, crispy fried won ton, deep fried squid, and chicken satay. The soups were hot & sour and chicken & sweetcorn. The main courses were mostly different sorts of chicken viands with the exception of vegetarian omelette and mixed vegetables in black bean sauce. Rice was served as either special fried rice, egg fried rice or plain rice.   Desserts were set aside from the other meals with a wide selection of fresh fruits, jellies,  banana and apple fritters, fresh fruit salads and ice creams (Sorry no pics of the mentioned food because we were so concentrated on eating and never thought about taking some).

Following standard etiquette (something to deal with fine dining), I got some chicken & sweetcorn soup first and then I went back to the table and took sips. The soup was incredible and each sip made my appetite grow stronger. Same thing goes for my little Bro but he drank more bowls of soup than everyone in the whole restaurant. As soon as soup was done, I went back to the mini-bars for the main course. Chicken dishes ranging from chicken butter balls, honey chili chicken, and lemon chicken to sweet & sour chicken, Thai chicken curry and chicken with black beans and chili sauce. I really couldn't recall every name of the dish I've eaten but all I know is that it's chicken in various forms. While I was finishing my main course with everyone on the table, Auntie Nona was shocked to see me and my little Bro with such huge appetites (for me though, my little Bro's appetite is not quite shocking--big people have big needs you know). Asides from Auntie Nona, other customers were looking at me as I went back and forth (they don't understand the meaning of "all-you-can-eat") with a plate filled with mouth-watering dishes made by Jimmy Chung's finest chefs and the freshest ingredients (I just found this in the flyer). Finally, after a few rounds of dishes later, everyone was ready for desserts. Auntie Nona, Mom and Pops had peaches, mango jelly, chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Me and little Bro ate vanilla and chocolate ice cream but eventually we tried some peaches and jelly. We took a couple of pics as we feast in the Chinese restaurant. After that, everyone went out and did more shopping 'til the end of the day. We all had a great time even Auntie Nona was filled with spirits.







Eating in Jimmy Chung's was like being in an all-you-can-eat haven, like some other form of sweet paradise. Just filling your stomach satisfies the whole thing which is your body (and maybe, the soul). I could just sum up how everyone felt after eating in the Orient restaurant--AWESOME! My first impression of an all-you-can-eat buffet was that food would be sloppy and unappealing but first impressions are always wrong and the food was more than what meets the eye. Jimmy Chung's is truly an excellent restaurant that everyone should give it a try. "All you can eat at a fixed price, 7 days a week!", The words I'll keep in mind until the next time I get to eat there.
Oh and if you are really interested to know more about Jimmy Chung's, just click here. It is one of the restaurants that you must visit when you come to Edinburgh because they have fast service, affordable on the budget and great food. Hope you enjoy,cheers! (^__^)

3 comments:

  1. Hi again! (^^)/ My goodness, this post makes me want to drool... I'm getting hungry just reading this. And chicken butter balls? (sounds interesting ^^) Well, I'm glad you enjoyed and your two new songs fit perfectly with the theme of this new blog~
    Peace out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brigitte Mae G. Locsin19 July 2011 at 16:18

    sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stephanie "panyang"19 July 2011 at 18:16

    bloody hell you guys making me hungry :(... been ages since i had good chinese meal.. now im thinking of going for a chinese take-away after this lmao...

    ReplyDelete